Hotel 41, owned and operated by the Red Carnation Hotel Collection, has been voted to the number one spot in the UK category of the Top Hotels list in the 2017 Travellers’ Choice Awards, announced by online site TripAdvisor.
The red-AA-star, 30-bedroom hotel in Victoria, London, is one of two Red Carnation hotels on the list, with sister property, the five-red-AA-star, 62-bedroom Milestone hotel in Kensington, London, occupying number five on the list.
In 2014, the Milestone topped the list and was subsequently replaced by Firmdale’s Haymarket hotel, London, in 2015 and Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Great Milton, Oxfordshire, last year.
As well as taking the top spot on this year’s UK list, the Milestone was also placed seventh in Europe and 20th in the world.
The Travellers’ Choice Awards also placed Lawton Court in Llandudno, Conway, in the number one position for best service, worldwide, while Bindon Bottonin Lulworth Cove, Dorset. headed the list of the world’s best B&Bs.
Award winners are based on the millions of reviews collected in the past year TripAdvisor travellers worldwide.
The top 10 UK hotels in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2017 were:
1. Hotel 41, London
2. Bishop’s Gate hotel, Derry
3. The Gainsborough Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset
4. The Nadler Victoria, London
5. The Milestone, London
6. Hotel La Place, St Brelade, Jersey
7. Belmond Le Manoior aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, Oxfordshire
8. Rudding Park, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
9. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, London
10. Amba Hotel Charing Cross, London
Thank you to caterer.com for this article